Customs and International Trade
The active participation of companies in foreign economic activities, first of all, related with conclusion of commercial contracts with foreign partners and movement of goods across the customs border of the Republic of Moldova, requires from subjects of these activities strict adherence to laws, both national and international. Nevertheless, customs disputes often arise from superficial execution by business entities of legislation in field or a bona fide mistake in exercising of their rights.
In this regard, participation and legal assistance of attorney at foreign economic activity, becomes relevant and important for business entities, even at the first stage.
We provide the following services with regard to the customs law:
• consultation in matter of customs law.
• international trade contracts;
• customs clearance of imported/exported goods;
• identification of the most advantageous customs treatment;
• customs preferences;
• export control issues.
Legal representation of clients before the customs, foreign exchange and judicial authorities:
• preparation of all necessary procedural documents;
• development of defense strategy in the cases of violation of customs law;
• challenging unlawful decisions issued by the customs authorities;
• recovering overpaid/over-collected customs duties, excise taxes and VAT charges;
• preparation of legal opinion for the accused person, for the counterparties, and for the customs authorities (on various aspects of offenses in the sphere of customs law or on aspects of customs law in general).
• representing interests of those who are being brought to responsibility for offenses in the sphere of customs law before customs authorities of all levels from Republic of Moldova;
• representing interests of those who are being brought to responsibility for offenses in the sphere of customs law before courts of all levels from Republic of Moldova.